ARE THE WHEELS IN HEELYS REMOVABLE?
The wheels are easy to put in and easy to take out. You can wear your Heelys without the wheel, and they look and function just like any other shoe.
ARE THERE HEELYS WITH TWO WHEELS?
Yep! They are great for first-time skaters because two wheels provide more stability and balance. Once the skater is ready for one wheel, the smaller wheel can easily be removed, turning them into a normal pair of Heelys. Not all sizes and styles come available in the two-wheeled model.
DO WHEELS COME WITH MY HEELYS?
Of course! When ordering from our site, we guarantee your Heelys shoes will arrive with a set of wheels, Heel Plugs, and a Plug Removal Kit. (excludes the Classic X2 / Snazzy X2 Models which comes with Wheels but not with Plugs or a Tool)
HOW DO I ORDER NEW AXLES?
We do not sell axles separately. You will need to purchase replacement wheels if you need new axles.
HOW DO I INSERT MY WHEELS INTO THE SHOES?
Follow the steps below to insert your wheels back into the shoes:
• Place the wheel in the wheel bracket and make sure the axle is aligned with the axle arms.
• With the palm of your hand, push the wheel into the bracket as hard as you can. You should hear a clicking sound indicating that the axles are seated securely.
• Visually inspect the wheel to make sure it is straight, and after putting the shoes on, stomp each heel to check for seating one last time.
WHAT IS ABEC AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH MY WHEELS?
ABEC, Annular Bearing Engineering Counsel, is a rating system used by the bearing manufacturers (ABEC 1, 3, 5, and 7). Usually, the higher the rating the more precise and smooth the ride is. The ABEC rating does not, however, determine the speed of the wheel and is in no way a measure of the quality of the wheel. The tag on the shoes will tell you what ABEC rating they are.
SHOULD PROTECTIVE GEAR BE WORN WITH HEELYS?
We highly recommend its use when the wheels are in the shoes.
WHAT ARE SOME SAFETY RULES OF THUMB?
• Always stagger your feet with your strong foot in front – putting them side-by-side will result in your feet sliding out from under you.
• When walking with the wheels in, do not lean back on your heels, and make sure to walk with your toes touching the ground first.
• Be extra cautious when skating on an uneven surface – debris and crevices can cause sudden stops and uncontrolled movements.
• Never skate faster than you can walk. When you feel like you are losing balance, stop skating by putting your toes down and lean forward.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON COURTESIES WHEN USING HEELYS?
• Crowded public areas are not good places for skating.
• Do not cause inconvenience to others by running into them or cutting them off.
• Do not endanger others' safety or your own.
• Follow the rules in public places – if there is no skating allowed, make sure to take out your wheels.
• Respect others' rights to enjoy public places just as you do.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY SHOES?
You can clean your shoes with a damp cloth. Do not wash your shoes in the washing machine as this may damage the shoes and will void your warranty.
HOW DO I REMOVE/CLEAN THE AXLES AND BEARINGS ON THE WHEELS?
We do not recommend that you remove either the axles or the bearings! You can purchase the bearing solution at your local skate store.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY WHEELS ARE SQUEAKY?
Cleaning your wheels with some bearing lubricant will usually solve the problem.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY WHEEL BRACKET WEARS OUT?
The wheel bracket embraces the wheel and is recessed 3 to 5 mm from the outsole. It is made with high-density polyurethane for stiffness and durability. However, it does not resist abrasion. Even though the outsole is made with highly abrasion-resistant rubber, which wears up to 10 times longer than regular outsole rubber, the shoes are no longer safe for skating once the heel bracket wears out and the axles have no proper room for seating.
WHAT ARE HEEL PLUGS AND WHAT DO THEY DO?
Heel Plugs go into the soles of your Heelys footwear when the wheels are removed and help to prevent debris from getting into the wheel brackets. Please note that while it's important to keep your wheel wells clean when putting in your wheels, you still wear your shoes without the plugs.
HOW DO YOU TAKE THE HEEL PLUGS OUT?
Heelys models that come with plugs also come with a removal tool to pop the plugs out. To remove the heel plugs, insert the removal tool all the way into the slot between the heel plug and the sole. Then pull away from the plug. The heel plug should pop out. Please be careful to direct the heel plugs away from yourself and others.
CAN I USE THE REMOVAL TOOLS TO REMOVE MY WHEELS?
The removal tool is designed for removing the heel plugs from your Heelys. We do not recommend removing your wheels with the removal tool because it may damage the wheels, which are to be removed by hand.
HOW DO I REMOVE MY WHEELS?
Follow the steps below to remove your wheels:
• Hold the shoe upside down with the sole and wheel facing away from you. Position both thumbs (one on top of the other) against the side of the wheel that is closer to you.
• Using your thumbs, push out and upward on the side of the wheel. Because axles are pressure fitted into the axle arms, removing the wheels may be difficult at first.
• If after step #2, the wheel has not come loose, turn the shoes around and repeat step #2 on the other side of the wheel.
• To prevent potential injury, always point the bottom of the show away from you and others.
• Using the heel plug tool to remove your wheels may damage the wheels, which are designed to be removed by hand.
ARE HEELYS SHOES VEGAN FRIENDLY?
Yes! We design our shoes with different fabrics such as synthetic nubuck and canvas. You will find this information listed on the product pages' details. Also, no animal products are used in the glues or adhesives we use to make our shoes.
For more information please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.